The mission of 100 Women Who Care New Tecumseth is to encourage local women’s involvement in philanthropy and to make a significant difference in our community. We give away 100% of the proceeds raised by our members to local non-profits and charities through a membership vote at our quarterly meetings. Funding amounts are determined by the number of members we have. At present our donation amount is approximately $5,000, however it could be more depending on increases in membership numbers at each new meeting we hold. Our goal is to reach a minimum $10,000 donation, four times a year.
Charities/non-profits apply to our Steering Committee for pre-qualification followed by a formal application submission. Once that process is finalized, the name of the organization is entered into a random draw lottery. Three names are chosen one month prior to a membership meeting by the Steering Committee. The three chosen organizations are asked to attend the meeting and provide a five-minute presentation plus Q&A to our members. The members vote by ballot at the meeting to select a recipient for that evening’s donation. Any organizations that are not chosen by lottery or at the members’ meeting can remain in the lottery for future consideration.
Who Can Apply?
- Local charities or non-profits able to provide official charitable tax receipts.
- Must be a non-profit serving the New Tecumseth area
- Financial support is granted where funds will be directly applied to a tangible asset, a speciﬁc need, specific program, or a community support initiative.
- Must spend funds in the New Tecumseth area.
- Must spend funds within a 12-month period.
- Must disclose if there are any pending or pre-served litigations.
- Organizations chosen to be considered, will be required to send a representative to our members’ meeting to present and answer questions on their organization and how funds will be used.
- Organizations may not use, distribute or sell contact information of our members other than for distributing charitable tax receipts.
- Organizations are prohibited from soliciting further donations from our members.
- Debt reduction or operational deficits
- Grants to individuals
- Endowment or investment funding
- Partisan, legal or political activity
- Programs outside the New Tecumseth area
How To Apply
- The first step is to complete our Prequalification Form.
- Once approved, we will provide you with a second, more detailed Funding Application to complete.
Who Can I Contact If I Have More Questions?
Please contact us if you have any other questions not answered here. A completed Prequalification Form can be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone Contacts: Debbie Hudson 705-435-8874 or France Young 705-500-1901
PREQUALIFICATION FORM FOR CHARITIES
APPLICATION FORM FOR CHARITIES